Monday, January 28, 2008

Muttering to myself

Hmmm, there has to be some way to capitalize on this... or, um, CAPITALIZE. yeah, I want to CAPITALIZE, not capitalize.

(rubbing my hands and muttering to myself)

You know what I'm talking, er, typing about, right?

No, how can you? It's just a thought.

Unless you're reading my mind. You'd better NOT be reading my mind. You aren't reading my mind, are you?

Right?

Heh, heh... why am I worried? Of course you aren't.

Are you?

Anyway, I'm wondering what to do with my overwhelming victory! Yep, I won a contest. My second book, The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness, took first place in the Sci/Fi Fantasy category of the Preditors and Editor's Reader's Choice awards.

First Place!

Woo-hoo!

Okay, fine... maybe it's a bit of a popularity contest, but is it bad to win one of those? Unless you're a cheerleader. they are popular ... but in a very unpopular way ... especially with the other girls.

And that's not all, The Heat of the Moment, was a top Ten finisher in the anthology category!

Woo-hoo, again!

But the contest was a lot of fun. I got to rally the troops, get people thinking about my books, and they responded. And I ended up winning! Out of maybe one hundred fifty other entrants.

So now what? Do libraries care about this kind of thing? Readers? Aardvarks?

I put the award up on my website, my Myspace account, the Goodyear Blimp, my cat's butt ... oh, wait, same thing... have you seen my cat?

What to do now? Can I capitalize somehow? I will be at Love is Murder this weekend, and I am having some spiffy new postcards made up, and I mentioned the awards on the cards ... in twenty-four point font ... just kidding.

But it's in red ... not kidding.

So it's cool. I'll see what develops ... use it in my BSP (blatant self-promotion), and see what comes of it.

Hope to see you this weekend!

Norm

www.normcowie.com
The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness
The Heat of the Moment

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

You shouldn't be muttering, Norm.
You should be shouting out loud.
You're a winner!
Congratulations,
Morgan Mandel