Saturday, January 19, 2008

Personal Marketing by Margot Justes

When I get stuck in my story, my husband and I go to breakfast on Saturday. I talk he listens and frequently helps me out of a rut or a plotting problem. That is what happened today.

We sat, ate, I talked he listened, of course it would help if I had let him read what I had written so far, then he wouldn’t be lost-but that is a story for another time.

Our waitress was warm and friendly, so before paying I asked her what she liked to read and gave her my business card. She got all excited and said her sister and friend read a lot-so, of course I reached into my bag and took out bookmarks and gave them to her. She was absolutely delighted. The story does not end there.

On our way out, I made a stop, and my husband waited for me, by then he was surrounded by women asking him questions about the book, how it came about, etc.

He passed out some more bookmarks, by the time I got back, I received a very warm reception and a promise to look for the book and checkout my website. Yes, I did mention The Heat of the Moment.

I plan to learn a lot more about this type of marketing by attending a Word-of-Mouth Marketing Association seminar given by co-founder Michael Rubin.

It is personal, and if you make a connection, hopefully the goodwill will spread.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
The Heat of the Moment
www.mjustes.com
Echelon Press LLC

No comments: