Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MY TAKE ON PRINTERS ROW & A NARROW ESCAPE By MORGAN MANDEL


CATCH ACME AUTHORS LINK BLOGGERS, MORGAN MANDEL AND MARGOT JUSTES, AT AUTHORFEST THIS SAT, JUNE 14,10AM-4PM - SCHAUMBURG TOWNSHIP DISTRICT LIBRARY,SCHAUMBURG,IL - ALL INVITED!

PRINTERS ROW BOOK FEST

What I liked - Browsing the books, meeting the readers, connecting with author friends and making new ones, seeing my fellow bloggers, Margot Justes and Norm Cowie, getting a chance to sell my books, the whole ambience of the Printers Row surroundings, with the quaint little shops and restaurants and the classic clock tower at Dearborn Station.


What I didn't like, but couldn't be helped - The weather!! Very hot, with violent storms arriving at inconvenient times. Saturday I made it home before the storm set in. Sunday I just got through the revolving doors at Ogilvie Transportation Centre when I heard bam,bam,bam,bam. I thought for sure we had a tornado. The long bank of windows gave a spectacular view of torrents of rain sheeting in odd configurations. Not taking chances, I rushed to the other side of the room. I heard rain pouring and wind howling, but fortunately none of it came inside.

When all had calmed down, I ventured back to the revolving doors to find them broken, with glass scattered. No tornado, but evidently a wind of such force to break the doors. I was very thankful I'd made it in right before the glass flew. Also, no one else appeared to be injured.

What are the chances the same thing could happen next year? I'll find out, because I do plan on going back to Printers Row. I wouldn't miss it.

Now back to my new computer setup - the subject of another blog. (g)
Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com

No comments: