Saturday, August 9, 2008

On the way to a conference by Margot Justes

I missed the blog last Saturday, was in San Francisco for the Romance Writers of America National Conference. I was a tourist, one of my favorite things to do. The hotel was well situated, right up the street from Union Square-perfect location.

I love to walk, and walk I did…from the hotel to China Town, to Little Italy, to Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39, to chocolate square otherwise know as Ghirardelli Square and finally to the trolley stop for the ride back.

I knew I was tired, when I noticed going up the slight incline to the hotel I was stooped over as if fighting a brutal wind-there was no wind, just an extremely exhausted pair of feet lumbering up the incline as it seemed to grow monumentally with every painful step.

As tired as I was I had a terrific time. However, the following morning the only thing that got me moving was the knowledge that a good cup of coffee was waiting for me at the hotel restaurant-otherwise I am sure I would not have moved an inch.

I tend to laugh when in pain-I was giggling all the way down to the coffee place. Coffee, I’m convinced has a restorative and medicinal power, after consuming the full pot, I was ready for more sightseeing.

The conference-you ask, well that is a tale, er…blog for another day.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Available on amazon.com
http://www.mjustes.com/

No comments: