Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Power Marketing Panel and More at Love Is Murder

We've been getting our Power Marketing panel organized for the Love is Murder Conference, right near O'Hare Airport, at the Westin Chicago North Shore, in Wheeling, Illinois, taking place on Feb. 6, 7 and 8. There's still a chance for you to sign up for the conference. Click the link above to learn how.

Members of our promotion panel include Morgan Mandel, Rosemary Harris, Joanna Campbell Slan and Jennie Spallone.

If you're new at the marketing game, or want to learn or share some promo tips, you our panel on Friday, Feb. 6 from 2-3 pm is for you.

The Power Marketing Panel is not the only attraction at Love is Murder. The bulging agenda features pitching classes, editing panels, a crime scene re-enactment, a panel about humor in mysteries (Saturday, 9-10am - another panel I'm on), guns, sex, history, librarians, good food, book signings, special guests like Jeffery Deaver, Alex Kava, Steve Berry, Sharan Newman and Raymond Benson, and much more.

By the way, I'm not the only Acme Authors Link member who'll be in attendance. You'll also find Rob Walker, Terri Stone, Margot Justes, and Norm Cowie there as well. Come join us for lots of fun and lots of learning.

Is anyone reading this coming to Love is Murder? Will it be your first time? If you've been to LIM before, what do you like about it? Please share.

If you can't come, I welcome your comments about the special guests or conferences in general.

I hope to see some of you over there.

5 comments:

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

I'd love to hear from your readers regarding what specific marketing questions they have, Morgan. They can post them here in your comments or email us (if they wish to remain anonymous). My email is joannaslan@aol.com

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Yes, please post some of the questions - and answers!

I like that title, too - Power Marketing!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Rosemary Harris said...

Whoops..coming in late..I'm on a deadline and have done everything late today! I've heard Joanna speak, she's got great tips to share. I actually still have one of her handouts from a show two years ago! And I've picked up a few things in the year since my first book came out, so I know we're going to have a lively exchange at Love is Murder. My website is www.rosemaryharris.com and you cn email me at rosemary@rosemaryharris.com
Hope to see you all in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

The Power Marketing Panel is not the only attraction at Love is Murder. The bulging agenda features pitching classes, editing panels, a crime scene re-enactment, a panel about humor in mysteries (Saturday, 9-10am - another panel I'm on), guns, sex, history, librarians, good food, book signings, special guests like Jeffery Deaver, Alex Kava, Steve Berry, Sharan Newman and Raymond Benson, and much more.

Margot Justes said...

I agree, there is so much more to LIM, it packed with action and many goodies, yet it is intimate enough not to terrify the newbie attending a first conference. It is my favorite conference.

Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com