Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blog Book Tour and the Awesome Internet

Killer Career is kind of out now, because it's in stock at Amazon.com and available for download at Mobipocket.com. Other sites, like Bn.com and Target.com are waiting until August 15.

While in this semi-limbo state of my new book being out and not being out, I've kept busy sending in for reviews and lining up my Blog Book Tour spots.

For a complete list of stops, the first of which starts August 12, please check my daily blog at
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

I chose these stops, some because I've met the hosts in person, others because I've met them through social networks, egroups, blogs or people I already know.

The web is such a great place to meet people and become friends with them. I've had wonderful opportunities to get to know people I never would have know before in not only the US, but many other countries.

I'm not much of a traveler. I live in Illinois. Usually the furthest I go on vacation is Wisconsin. The great thing about a Blog Book Tour is I can stop and visit lots of farflung places through the miracle of the Internet. The Net constantly makes the world grow smaller. No matter how often I connect with people from almost everywhere there is, I still can't help but feel in awe.

What about you? Do you feel the same, or are you so used to the Internet it doesn't amaze you?
Please share.

2 comments:

Terry Odell said...

I have hooked up in person with many people I've met on the Net. Having worked via the Internet for an international organization, I found it a wonderful way to learn so many things.

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
Not only do I find the internet amazing but a maze as well. For me, it's still a work in progress, you seem to have mastered it.

Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com