Monday, August 10, 2009

Lovin’ the Library

As Debra St. John pointed out, this weekend was REALLY hot, so I headed off to the library, which thankfully had air conditioning.

Not that I don’t have air conditioning at home, cause I do, but what I don’t have is TONS of books. Oh, and movies.

You all know I like librarians, my wonderful friend Miss. Riley, and my friends at the college library, Trisha and Gretchen (hello guys!)

So, I took my eldest daughter to the library. And lost her. Literally. I wasn’t too worried. She has a cell phone. Which she constantly texts on, but that is another blog.

It didn’t take long to find her. I just had to head to the YA sci fi section, and there she was. She has an insatiable appetite for reading, which she totally inherited from me, and I couldn’t be happier. Actually all my girls are big readers, but my eldest tops the list in reading. But the sci fi thing, so not me. Which is why she won’t read my book. Yeah, I know. Of course when I told her the idea I had for another book that had a little paranormal element in it, well hey, she was all over that one.

Anyway, I am grateful for the libraries and the librarians, and now I must go watch the DVD I borrowed from the library. The title? Why, The Librarian, of course.

Have a great Monday.

June

www.junesproat.com

4 comments:

Debra St. John said...

Oooh, I love the library! And I love the Librarian series. There are three movies in the set now. Enjoy!

Morgan Mandel said...

The library enables our addiction, so to speak. I love seeing and smelling all the books.

The DH loves it as well. He doesn't like reading, but is on the reserve list for tons of DVDs.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Deb Larson said...

As a librarian, you've just made my day!!! I love hearing how folks - young and old enjoy a library.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
DL Larson

Anonymous said...

I know I use the library as a refuge..Thank goodness for the librarians..
Daughters are the best!!