Saturday, September 5, 2009

Galena by Margot Justes

Galena is absolutely stunning, peaceful and the Eagle Ridge Resort surrounded by hills, trees and a small lake, the breathtaking natural beauty was captivating and quickly restored my energy, which I think I had left in Nashville.

I went swimming Sunday morning and then took a walk around the property, the early morning hush disturbed only by the whispering leaves and chirping birds. Sublime.

The colorful gardens were a feast for the eyes, the restaurant offered excellent food, and a terrific cheese tray included with the sumptuous Sunday breakfast provided a perfect finish to the morning.

Did I mention I got to relax, sit and read, and yes, it was work, two book signings in as many days but the rest of the time was mine, to do with as I pleased.

Met with my partners in crime, Amy Alessio and Mary Welk, that is to say partners in the novella project we’re working on, we met in a coffee shop-where else-and while sipping our brew we actually got a chance to chat with the locals, always a delight.

The Brio gallery is gorgeous, the building has been renovated, a spiral staircase and a sky-light offers a perfect setting for some beautiful glass pieces and paintings, the light streaming through is just perfect. I can’t forget Fried Green Tomatoes, the gracious staff provided some excellent appetizers.

I even got a chance to see the Belvedere House and a framed photo of Liberace. What does a framed photo of Liberace have to do with a 19th Century mansion?
Ah, that is truly a tale for another blog.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
http://margotsmuse.blogspot.com
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
available on amazon.com

No comments: