Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Read a good book lately?

One of the ironies about being a writer is not having as much time to read and when I do it's mostly non-fiction. So, when I do get the chance to curl up in bed with a work of fiction that I enjoy, it's one of the best pleasures in the world.

The book I'm reading know is titled Conscious Loving - The Journey to Co-Commitment - A way to be fully together without giving up yourself.

I actually bought this book sometime ago but am just now getting around to reading it and wishing that I had read it sooner. Hard to tell if events in my life would have unfolded any differently over the past decade but this book certainly is full of some wisdom I could have used along the way. Still, I guess we take things in when we're ready to take them in.

Allegedly, more people these days want to write a book than read one. Of course, if they truly realized just how much work it takes to write they wouldn't be so quick to declare such a thing.

I'm just hoping that people will start reading more and more. I suspect that people really are still reading, it's just that they're reading more of their material online or via an electronic device and therefore I'm not sure we're measuring it properly.

Publishers Weekly had an intriguing headline today - Lookout Kindle, Here Comes CellStories.net. It's a very interesting read. Here's the link:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6687027.html?nid=2286&rid=##CustomerId##&source=title

It's going to be interesting to see how the premise of this article and cellstories.net plays out. I'm definitely going to be watching and reading. Hope you will be as well.

1 comment:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

People constantly ask me if I've read this book or that book. No! Too busy writing.

Will check out link.

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com