Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eagle River Book Signing & New Blogger Features

Here I am at Book World in Eagle River on Oct. 3. I had a  really nice setup, close to where people walk in, so they couldn't miss me. Also, I was in front of the bestsellers, which helped my cause.        Outside was nippy, but inside was warm and toasty.  Almost everyone who came inside after checking out all the antiques and other offerings in Downtown Eagle River for Cranberry Fest remarked how nice and warm it was in the store. Warmth was definitely a draw. Besides Book World, another attraction was the candy shop next store. Lots of people toted yellow and brown striped bags, which I soon recognized. No, I didn't break down and go next store for candy, but it was tempting.
Not only did readers purchase Killer Career, but some also bought Two Wrongs and Girl of My Dreams, so it doesn't hurt to bring along the backlist books, just in case. Next Saturday is Book World in Minocqua, Wisconsin from 11am-1pm.

This is the first time I've used the new Blogger for uploading a photo. It's a nice setup. Once the photo is uploaded, I got to choose the size and spot, and also had the option of changing it to another size and spot. Good idea.

Have you tried any of the new Blogger features? If so, let us know about them.

Morgan Mandel

6 comments:

Terry Odell said...

I tried the new editor feature, but it clashed with the javascript I use so that I can break up a longer post with a clickable "keep reading" link.

I know nothing about HTML, but I could see that it changed all the 'span' codes from the old system to 'div' codes (not that I know what they are or do), and I was afraid to mess with it, since it took forever to get the original system functioning.

I posted my question to the Blogger help forum and got absolutely no responses. All I gleaned was there were still a lot of bugs, judging from other complaints.

So, I'm back to the old system, which isn't quite as fast, but at least I know how to use it.

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

You are right about customer comfort. I froze at an outdoor Book Fest on Sunday. Sold a few books, 11, but that's pretty sad for all day.

Marilyn

Adele said...

yay! glad you had a successful signing.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You got a good spot there!
Not tried new features - but then again, I've been on the road for the past two weeks!

Deb Larson said...

Glad to hear you had a great book signing! Fall festivals are always fun to do!
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
I'll be at Book World November 7th signing A Hotel in Paris and the Eagle Ridge Resort is lovely, can't wait.
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com