Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Resolutions by Margot Justes

I tend not to make resolutions because I never keep them, usually by the third day, it’s gone. The most common one is a diet…I wonder how many of us after the non-stop eating during the long holiday season are saying that at this very moment. Our family holiday season starts with Halloween and ends in the New Year. Two long months.

Okay, I’ll admit it’s on my list. Not a resolution exactly, but I brought the South Beach Diet book from my office to the kitchen table. And I started this morning, but still have Chinese food left over and tomorrow we’re taking our son-in-law for his birthday celebration and it is a delightful and delicious buffet at Pinstripes in Glenview. There goes the diet.

I also booked a ten day cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and if you have cruised, you know that food is available practically round the clock and it is plentiful. Absolutely no diet. But to offset the food, there is plenty to do, walking and swimming which I love, lessons in ballroom dancing and even belly dancing; there are activities to keep the pounds at bay however, there are also deck chairs, a library and a couple of books I plan to bring with me, not exactly a strenuous exercise but absolutely necessary.

Back to resolutions, this year I hope to keep the only true one I made; to learn more about this fascinating world of internet promoting, our very own Morgan Mandel is a mistress, and I plan to learn from her.

I know I’ll keep this one after all I have a novel and a novella to sell.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Missing ISBN 978-1-59080-611 1
www.mjustes.com
available on amazon.com

5 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Best of everything to the AA gang!
Happy 2010!!

Debra St. John said...

Oh, your cruise sounds fabulous! The warm weather will be nice...it's soooooooooooo cold here.

Morgan Mandel said...

We're all in this together! Anything about promotion I can share with you, Margot, and everyone else, I'll gladly do.

My fingers are cold as I type. Yes, that cruise does sound good.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.

Deb Larson said...

Margot!
You will love the Mexican Riveria!! Take a couple extra books of your own and leave them at the ship's library. I did that the last 2 cruises I was on. My husband took my picture with the books I was giving away. It was a little embarrassing (I'm not one for being the center of attention) but two minutes later a gal started up a conversation and checked out my book. That was cool!!!
Have a great time!!
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

Happy New year to our AA readers and thank you for your support!
DL, great idea, I'll bring a couple of books.
Morgan, you're always there when I need advice, thank you.
Deb, I'm really looking forward to this vacation. I plan on writing a blog a day and just relaxing.

Margot
www.mjustes.com