Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I got a fabulous early Valentine's Day present this week. The cover for "This Can't Be Love" arrived in my inbox. I was thrilled! It's always so exciting to see a message from my publisher's art department on the message list.

My heart was racing as I opened the e-mail. Getting a new cover can be a nerve-wracking experience. Did the artist capture the overall tone of the story? Will the people on the cover do justice to the characters I've created in my head? How will the title look? My name?

As always, The Wild Rose Press did not disappoint. In fact, as usual, the talented people there made my day. The cover is fantastic! The title font even matches my first book, which is great, because this one is a spin-off of that, and I'd hoped they'd look like a set. I immediately shared it with all of my family and friends, who also gave it the thumbs-up of approval. I kept a copy at work for the rest of the week, and everytime I needed a little pick-me-up, I'd take a peek at the cover. It never failed to put a smile on my face.

So, what do you think?



And, as fabulous as the cover is, it's even more than that. It's letting me know that the ball is rolling on this particular book, and I'm one step closer to holding the finished product in my hands.

All in all, it's been a good author week. Receiving the new cover started it off. Then, along with a couple other fellow authors I did a romance presentation at a local library, I sent out some bookmarks for publicity, and I'm making some decent progress on my work in progress.

It doesn't get any better than that!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com

8 comments:

June said...

Deb,
I love the cover! It is perfect.

Happy Valentine's Day

June

Debra St. John said...

Thanks, June!

Terry Odell said...

Great cover, and your name's above the title!

Debra St. John said...

Hey Terry. I actually didn't think about that! Nice.

Patricia Stoltey said...

That's a great cover! Good for the art dept. at The Wild Rose Press.

Alice Audrey said...

What a great Valentine from Wild Rose to you.

Debra St. John said...

Hi Patricia and Alice,

Yep, Wild Rose treats me (and all of its authors!) really well!

Morgan Mandel said...

I predict you will sell lots of books with that cover, Debra!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com