Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spending Time with Family by Margot Justes

I'm going downtown tomorrow to meet my daughter Dina, have breakfast in a lovely restaurant and go to the Art Institute. I haven't been to the Museum of Contemporary Art in years, that is also on the agenda. On the way we'll pass Nordstrom's and I hear they sell shoes there. Hmmm. My kind of day. Food. Art. Shoes. Not necessarily in that order. Did I forget to mention there will be a few stops at Starbucks too.

Sunday, my daughter Solonge is hosting a birthday party for my granddaughter and grandson, so we'll celebrate with the munchkins.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get organized and I actually made a list of 10 items I have to get done this weekend. So far so good, this blog was # 2 on the list.

This is the perfect moment to mention a new project I started, but while at RT, I pitched to Lori Perkins from the Perkins agency and she gave me a terrific idea; Vampires and the world of art. That is #3 on the list, research the current world of vampires as heroes.

At first the thought terrified me, I'm leaving my comfort zone, I writer romantic suspense/mystery stories. I don't 'do' paranormal.

But, the idea stuck in my head and my vampire wouldn't let go. Needless to say, I'm working on A Hotel in Venice and The Vampire's Legacy (a working title).

Till next time,

Margot Justes
http://www.mjustes.com/
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger's death changes her life.
A Hotel in Paris

No comments: