Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stepping Outside the Box

Okay, to be more accurate, this post is more like drinking outside the box...or should that be cup?!

I've never been a coffee drinker. I love the smell, but the taste never really did anything for me. Now don't get me wrong, the occassional cup of coffee with a shot of Bailey's thrown in there always tickled my tastebuds, but that's where it ended.

I don't drink coffee in the morning to get me going for the day. In fact, other than chocolate, I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible. I don't drink coffee with dessert after dinner like most of my extended family.

However lately, I've discovered the joy of coffee houses. I feel so 'grown up' walking into Starbucks or Caribou and ordering a fancy drink. (Yes, yes, don't laugh...I'm about, what?...four, five (more than that) years behind the times?)

Mondays at Caribou they have their dollar coffee. I doctor it up with some Irish Creme powdered creamer from home and I am good to go.

Another favorite is the white mocha latte at Starbucks. (Decaf of course.)

And now that the weather's been a tad warmer, I've discovered the 99 cent iced mocha (with just a touch of creme) from Dunkin Donuts.

Even at a recent writers' conference (Whoo hoo for Spring Fling 2010!), I found myself having a decaf after dinner...with plenty of cream.

All in all I've been quite happy to step outside the box and explore these new tantalizers for my tastebuds.

In my latest release from TWRP, Wild Wedding Weekend, Abby and Noah step outside the box and do something neither ever dreamed they'd do...they get married!

Hmnnn? Maybe one of these days I'll step out of the contemporary box and write that Civil War historical that's always niggled in the back of my mind. You never know, stranger things have happened.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've never met a coffee I didn't like!

Debra St. John said...

Hi Diane...

See? I know I'm just late getting on the bandwagon here! Ah, I guess better late than never, hey?

Morgan Mandel said...

Civil War historical - you are full of surprises, Debra!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Deb Larson said...

Drink whatever it takes to get that book written!!!
DL Larson