Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the Results Are In....

I have to say, it's been a productive week. I set a whole bunch of goals, and I am proud to say I've accomplished nearly all of them. Below find my list of goals from last week. In bold you'll find how I fared with each of them.

*Write everyday. I need to get back to my WIP which is the third in my series for Wild Rose. I'd taken a little break from this to finish a Christmas novella I had an idea for. (As a sidenote, the novella manuscript was just requested by an editor at TWRP, so keep your fingers crossed!) Yes. Yes. Yes. I did over 30 pages and I'm up to just over 42,000 words. AND, the editor at TWRP who has my novella said she'd be reading it in the next couple of weeks and if I don't hear back from her by next Friday to shoot her an e-mail. So, things are rolling!

* Finish my 'Birthday at Disney' scrapbook. We took this trip two years ago. Yep. Hauled everything out on Thursday and worked until I finished.

* Do my taxes. Promised myself I'd get them done in February. Ooops. Done, and getting a refund from both the state and the Feds!

* Organize my sock drawer. Exciting stuff, I know, but seriously, it's a disaster in there. Check.

* Spend some quality time with a friend. By quality I mean watch a movie featuring Edward, our favorite vampire. Well, we didn't watch our favorite vampire, but I had lunch with a couple of friends on Tuesday. Even better.

* Tweak my website. I want to add some pictures and such. Did some updating and figured out how to add pictures, but I didn't add any yet.

* Get my nails done and get a haircut. Done.

* Finish judging contest entries for my RWA chapter's contest. Yep.

So, now that I'm heading back into the real world this week, I'm sure things will slow down in the realm of getting things done, but it was nice to have some time to accomplish some things.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Love working at my to-do list, so very satisfying!
The Arrival, Book 1 of the BirthRight Trilogy available now

Debra St. John said...

Hi Nicole,

I love being able to check things off as I accomplish them!

@Ruby_Barnes said...

Well done. For a randomly compulsive mind like mine, lists are a tonic!

Debra St. John said...

Yes, a list helps to keep me organized.

Morgan Mandel said...

Wow, I'm amazed you finished all that! Great job!

Morgan Mandel
http://tinyurl.com/6a6a33m

Deb Larson said...

I feel good just knowing you accomplished your goals!! Great inspiration for all of us.
DL Larson