Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life Intrusions

Hey All,

Sorry for being M.I.A. the past couple of weeks. Two weeks ago I was out of town at a basketball tournament, and last week week I wound up in the ER all day. (Long story...I won't go into it here...)

At any rate, since I've been away for a while, I thought I'd give a little writing update for my post today.

*THIS CAN'T BE LOVE received a fabulous five book review from LASR. You can click here to read the entire review, but my favorite part was this: "If you like a contemporary, passionate and emotional read, then laugh and cry along with this one. An author who can make the reader feel so many things is one that has staying power in the writing world." Talk about a pick-me-up in what started out to be a bummer of a week.



*I submitted a query and a synopsis for a novella entitled "A Christmas to Remember" to Wild Rose. This was an accomplishment for me, bacause I was working on a set deadline (which I usually don't) as holiday stories needed to be submitted by a certain date. I made it one week ahead of the deadline. Yay me! (Unfortunately, my editor there has left, so I feel like I'm back in the slush pile, but I did get a confirmation indicating my letter and synopsis had been passed along to the senior editor of the Champagne Rose line and I'd hear back from someone in about 45 days. Which seems like a really long time, but actually not too bad when you think about the publishing world in general. I've just been spoiled with my editor usually getting back to me the same day and requesting a full.)

*I am making much progress on my WIP "This Feels Like Home". I am about 55% of the way done. (36,000 words out of 65,000) I hope to get back to this one over Spring Break which is coming up week after this.(Although I did set this one aside to work on my Christmas one the past few weeks.) I hope to have it done and submitted this summer. If accepted (keep your fingers crossed) this will be the third and culminating book in my series: This Time for Always and This Can't Be Love having previously been released.

So, that's what I've been up to. What's new with you?!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

June said...

Deb,
I hope you are doing better. It sounds like you are very busy these days...and congrats on the great review!

: )

Debra St. John said...

Thanks. I was thrilled with the review!

And I'm much better than last week at this time. :)

Deb Larson said...

Glad you're back! Great news with the review!
DL Larson

Morgan Mandel said...

Wonderful review, Deb! If I know you, I'm sure you'll achieve your goal of getting your book done.

Morgan Mandel