Saturday, April 16, 2011

A change in Attitude by Margot Justes

I'm going through a change-no, not that change-a change in attitude.

I'm cleaning house, getting rid of stuff I no longer need or use, and Amvets is a frequent visitor.

In the process I'm simplifying my life. I no longer find kitchen utensils enticing, cookbooks no longer viable, because all I do is look at the recipes and all the pretty pictures, and say hmm, that looks delicious and that's it, I'm done with said cookbook.

Shoes are still a problem...today I went chocolate shopping for my daughter for Easter, came home with no chocolate but bought a sexy pair of shoes. Somethings you just can't give up. I still need to get that chocolate.

But I noticed something else too, things are a whole lot less important than they used to be. I put clean sheets on the bed and realized that the fitted sheet was on the bed inside out. In the 'old' days I would have re-made the bed, now I just mumbled to myself -the sheets are clean, we're good.

It's comforting to go with the flow, there are fewer hassles and as long as I have the ability to learn and appreciate new things, and in the process challenge myself...that indeed is excellent.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com

4 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I've got lots more to go with the getting rid of non-essentials, but I did give away six bags of clothes and accessories to Goodwill about a month ago. I intend to unload more soon, but first have to get back in the purging mood.

I've learned that getting rid of the extras makes it lots easier to find the items I really enjoy.

About those cookbooks - I still have some, but never use them, only a few tried and true recipes. I should probably give away some cookbooks also.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Margot Justes said...

Morga,
Getting rid of non-essentials,is a great liberator and makes life simpler. At this stage in my life, it's all about easier and simpler.
Margot

June said...

Margot,
Good for you...and you are not alone, I have the same problem with shoes. One vice is not so bad, or at least that is what I keep telling myself!

Best,
June

Margot Justes said...

June,
Shoes are never bad-they are necessary for survival.
Margot