Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Final Touch

A while ago I posted about a 'disagreement' my hubby and I were having about the windows in our bedroom. He kept insisting it was too light in the morning, and I kept insisting it was fine: we needed to be getting up anyway. In the end he nailed drop cloths across the windows, and we've been using them for drapes ever since.

Kind of like a rough draft. It obviously solved the problem in a temporary fashion, but still needs work to make it shine.

Last weekend we finally put up some real drapes. Insulated (keeps the cold out in winter, the heat out in summer), light blocking, and they even match the rest of the decor. It's a beautiful thing. (Okay. Okay...I haven't ironed them yet...I'm kind of hoping the creases will just hang themselves out.)



Kind of like putting the finishing touches on a manuscript. When you've gone all through, written your story, then the tiny details that really make it come to life can be added. (And in a story, I definitely would iron out all those loose ends!)

All in all, leaving you with a very satisfied feeling.

Until next time,

Happy reading!

Debra
http://www.debrastjohnromance.com/

6 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I'm lucky if I drag out my iron once a year! I don't touch it unless I absolutely have to!

Hope the wrinkles come out without the ironing, also hope the wrinkles come out in your manuscript. Right now I have some wrinkles in my own manuscript to smooth.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Debra St. John said...

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for posting this...

Good luck with those wrinkles in your manuscript!

June said...

Debra,
They look lovely and I'm sure they will turn out just fine, like all your books!

Best,
June

Debra St. John said...

Thanks, June! You are sweet.

Margot Justes said...

Deb,
Alas, the wrinkles won't disappear, easier to iron them out in a ms. My iron is a rarely used antique. Like new, except old.
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com

Deb Larson said...

Am I the only iron addict among us? My sensory issues are a battle every day ~ I iron just to get about my day, otherwise I'd be fussing til I went and ironed out the wrinkles! My kids think this is hilarious!
DL Larson