Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For the Greater Growth by Morgan Mandel

Now that it's Spring, new growth is popping up all over the place. I'm tempted to linger outside and enjoy the weather. All right, I confess, I did give in for a while. I sat on the patio and read from my kindle, with Rascal nearby basking in the late afternoon sun.

It's so very tempting to play hooky from writing and continue to enjoy the weather, with all the new growth around me.

The problem is by continuing to enjoy the new growth outside, my manuscript won't get finished inside. My new growth will not get accomplished. So, as tempting as the weather is, I'm setting a limit on participating in my appreciation for the greater growth of my manuscript.  








10 comments:

Mona Risk said...

Very wise.LOL I am doing the same.
www.monarisk.com

Donna Carrick said...

Here in Canada our season is so short. I couldn't resist taking a rare break on the weekend and enjoying the sunshine with my Kindle. Ended up falling asleep on the deck chair with the Kindle on my lap. That was Saturday and I woke more refreshed than I've felt in years. Now I have a brand new novel idea burning in my brain. All thanks to new growth and sunshine. LOL

Helen said...

I have been sitting at my desk all day, getting up to get more tea or to ... well, get rid of the tea. I am ready to go outside and check out the garden.

My desk faces the window, so occasionally I catch sight of a bluebird, a deer, a squirrel or roadrunner. So that's not too bad.

Liana Laverentz said...

It's always a delicate balance. But breaks can spark creativity, so I'm all for taking one whenever I can :)

Erin Aslin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Aslin said...

As they say, there are times to enjoy the weather, and there are times to write manuscripts :)

Deb Larson said...

I'm all for taking a break and enjoying the weather while I can. All too soon it will be "too hot" and I'll be searching for the air conditioning!
DL Larson

WS Gager said...

It is all a balancing act. I try to force myself to the commuter first and then as the ideas or energy runs away, I run to the sunshine. Problem is I don't come back after the sunshine but at least something gets done! Great post Morgan!
Wendy
W.S. Gager
www.wsgager.com

Kate Dolan said...

Boy, it is hard to strike a balance, isn't it? There are only so many hours in a day. I guess the best thing is to enjoy sometimes, and work other times. It can be hard to change gears though and to avoid guilt.

Cheryl said...

I'm right there with you. My gardens need to be ready, but I have a ghostwriting project, a newsletter, and a few articles to get ready too.