Saturday, January 14, 2012

Projects by Margot Justes

I'm happy to say my novella will see the light of day February 1st, in time for Valentine's Day. A Fire Within along with Amy Alessio's Blast from the Past and Mary Welk's Framed complete the Hearts and Daggers anthology. We're celebrating Valentine's Day in style, by releasing three stories that celebrate the holiday. Hallmark move over.

We talked about the novellas while I was still with Echelon Press, the project fell through, we got busy with life. It seems we never let go of the idea, because we finished the stories, but life continued to move on.

One day I received an e-mail from Amy to see if we were still interested in the project. My immediate response was yes. Yes, I am. Mary said yes, and the anthology was re-born. The next thing we need to do is let everyone know it's out there, or soon will be.

This year I made a resolution I want to stick to-no, not the diet-that is a one day at a time project, and today we won't talk about that. I want to learn how to market on line, follow in the footsteps of Joe Konrath and Rob Walker, fellow Acme blogger.

Yes, I know they are both well known authors and masters in the craft of promoting, and I'm not, but if I'm going to learn, I'm going to learn from the best.

I have an ambitious plan this year to re-release a short story in May, a newly edited version of A Hotel in Paris in June. Paris is lovely in June, well, Paris is lovely any time of year, but I picked June.

I digress here, back to my planned releases, Blood Art, my vampire tale should be all set for Halloween and there is talk we'll do another anthology for Halloween.

The time not spent at my day job, hopefully will be spent in my office, doing what I love to do. Write.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
www.mjustes.com

5 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Good for you, Margot! Can't wait to see what you three have cooked up!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
Cooked up is right-Amy is into cooking and cookbooks. I like eating.
You're the mistress of e-net marketing.am looking forward to your presenation at SF.
Margot
www.mjustes.com

maldives tourism said...

What a great post! thank you for sharing! appreciate it!

Margot Justes said...

maldives tourism,
Thank you reading the blog and posting a comment, it is appreciated.
Margot
www.mjustes.com
Hearts & Daggers

Deb Larson said...

Margot: I'm right there with you - making a commitment to learn the workings of on-line buying. Please, keep me in mind when you're learning new things!
Good luck ~ and have fun with it!!
DL Larson